Salads are the best! There are so many salads worldwide, and I want to eat them all, but ONLY if the salad dressing is as good or better than the salad itself.
I am forever messing around with different salad dressing ideas, and this is one of my favorites. I have been told to name it "Crack Sauce," which is the best compliment.
Try this recipe and never buy store-bought again. Salad dressings are one of the best and easiest ways to start making your food.
Please give me all the texture and flavor when making me a salad. I love this great recipe so much and am constantly changing the ingredients, but the one thing that do not change is the dressing. Oh, and wonton crisps, I love wonton crisps.
The magic is in the this dressing recipe and the flavorful poached chicken. Pair the dressing with this Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad for a great way to get a variety of veggies into your day in a way that tastes oh so good.
Avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
Toasted sesame oil
Tamari, soy sauce, or coconut aminos
See recipe card for quantities.
Add all the dressing ingredients into the blender and blend until well combined and dressing has emulsified. Store dressing in glass jar.
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Tamari - I use tamari as a soy sauce substitute in most of my recipes, but feel free to use soy sauce instead. If you are paleo, coconut aminos can also be substituted
- Fresh ginger - you can use 2 teaspoons of ground ginger as a substitute for fresh ginger
- Vegan - to make this dressing vegan, substitute vegan mayonnaises for regular and maple syrup for the honey
- High speed blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Airtight container
Dressing will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
If you do not have a high speed blender, you can use an emersion blender, food processor or regular blender. If using a regular blender, I suggest using ginger and garlic powders, versus fresh.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1 Blender
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy, or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the dressing ingredients into the blender and blend until well combined and dressing has emulsified. Store dressing in glass jar.
- Dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
We sometimes take for a granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience, that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove