Welcome to The Whole Revolution kitchen, where we're about to explore a recipe that will elevate your salads and dishes to a whole new level of deliciousness. HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSINGS FOR THE WIN!!!
This Cilantro Yogurt Salad Dressing is my "ranch dressing", meaning it goes on everything. One of my favorite ways to enjoy is to dip my pizza in the creamy cilantro dressing or subbing lime juice for the vinegar and making a creamy cilantro lime dressing for pouring it over my taco salad, my favorite salad. You could also enjoy this versatile cilantro yogurt sauce over rice bowls, grain bowls, burrito bowls, basically anything in a bowl. It is also yummy served with grilled chicken or pork.
The best part is the dressing is very versatile, so if yogurt isn't your jam you can alway substitute with sour cream. If dairy isn't really your thing feel free to sub vegan plain yogurt or sour cream to make this homemade dressing. Fresh cilantro is a must, and if you are not a cilantro lover, than why are you even looking at this recipe? But honestly, sub any fresh herb your love, basil is a great option for this simple ingredients salad dressing. So grab a handful of ingredients and your food processor or blender and lets make a quick creamy dressing that will have you saying now to store-bought dressing.
- Bunches of cilantro
- Avocado oil or vegetable oil
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Aged sherry vinegar (apple cider vinegar, or fresh lime juice)
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Black pepper
See recipe card for quantities.
- Gather all your ingredients, wash and dry the cilantro leave very well. Then add all the ingredients into a blender, food processor or use an immersion blender after placing all the ingredients in a mason jar or other food safe glass jar..
- Turn on the blender and blend until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined and you have achieved a smooth, creamy consistency.
- This dressing is incredibly versatile. Drizzle it over salads, use it as a flavorful sauce for wraps, enhance the taste of your favorite proteins, or get creative and use it however your heart desires.
use this bristle-free barbecue brush (affiliate link) for cleaning the grill.
- Oil Swap: Feel free to substitute avocado oil with vegetable oil or even olive oil if you prefer a different flavor profile.
- Vinegar Variations: Don't have sherry vinegar? No problem! Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar can be excellent alternatives. Or squeeze in some lime or lemon juice.
- Dairy-Free Option: If you're dairy-free, replace the Greek yogurt with a dairy-free yogurt alternative for a creamy yet dairy-free dressing. Dairy free yogurt or sour cream.
- Spicy Kick: Add green onion or scallions, a dash of hot sauce or a pinch of red pepper flakes for a spicy cilantro dressing.
- Creamier Delight: Increase the yogurt quantity for an even creamier texture and a milder flavor.
- Lemon Zest: Grate some lemon zest into the blender for a zesty twist that pairs perfectly with seafood dishes.
- Dipping Sauce: add one tablespoon mayonaise, and skip the vinegar. For brightness, add lime or lemon zest
- High Speed Blender, or
- Immersion Blender, or
- Food Processor,
This Cilantro Yogurt Salad Dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Be sure to give it a good stir before using it after refrigeration, as natural separation may occur.
To keep your cilantro fresh longer, store it in the refrigerator with a damp paper towel wrapped around the stems. This will help maintain its vibrant green color and extend its shelf life.
Absolutely! This dressing doubles as a fantastic cilantro lime yogurt sauce (marinade) for meats, especially chicken and shrimp. Marinate for at least 30 minutes before grilling or roasting.
Yes, it is! With healthy fats from avocado oil and low-carb yogurt, this dressing is keto-friendly.
Cilantro Yogurt Salad Dressing - Fresh and Flavorful
- 1 Blender
- 2 small bunches of cilantro about 4 cups loosely packed
- ½ cup of avocado oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons aged sherry vinegar apple cider vinegar, or juice from one lime
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend until thoroughly combined and smooth. This dressing is excellent on salads, wraps, over a protein, or whatever your heart desires.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
- Ensure your blender and utensils are clean and dry.
- Use fresh garlic cloves to avoid spoilage.
- Refrigerate leftovers promptly.
- Use clean, dry hands and utensils when handling ingredients.